PC Specs for Crystal Dynamics rebirth of Tomb Raider were revealed today on their Tumblr today and its very AMD focused. The game does provide Steamworks so that you will be able to use achievements, Steam Cloud save games, multiplayer match making, as well as leaderboards and offline mode.
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT, nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+), Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 5870 nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 955, Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
- Gamepad support.
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
- Higher quality shadows
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
- Crystal cares about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
- A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
Tomb Raider comes to PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on March 5th